The Former President has reached peak popularity with the American people. Not since 2016 has Donald Trump resonated with more of the population.
A recent Rasmussen Poll released this week is a brutal reminder to the Biden-Harris administration that no one, seriously no one, enjoys living under their regime.
Former President Donald Trump would be a shoo-in over President Joe Biden or Vice President Kamala Harris if the next election were held now, with 1 in 5 Democrats saying they would vote for Trump today, according to a survey of 1,000 likely U.S. voters released Thursday.
Trump in head-to-head matchups with Biden or Harris would win by double-digit margins; 51-41% over Biden and 52-39% over Harris.
Voters are divided on whether Trump should run again in 2024, with 48% saying it would be a good idea and 44% saying it would be a bad idea.
The poll also found:
- 75% of Democrat voters say they would vote to elect Biden again while 84% of Republican voters say they would back Trump
- Among independent voters, Trump would get 51% against either Biden or Harris, although 14% of unaffiliated voters say they would prefer another candidate
- 49% of voters 65 and older say it’s a bad idea for Trump to consider a 2024 presidential run
- 52% rate Biden’s handling of immigration issues as poor and his ratings on immigration have worsened since April, when 50% of voters rated his handling of immigration as poor
- 70% of voters say the current situation with migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border is a crisis, up from 66% in May
- 54% say America’s current immigration problems are being caused more by the policies Biden has in place since taking office; 37% blame Trump’s policies
- Voters think Trump’s ”aggressive, controversial” style ”wasn’t so bad” by a 52-44% margin.
Biden’s approval numbers have dipped amid the surge of illegal immigrants at the southern border and a chaotic Afghanistan withdrawal. Trump has been hinting at a 2024 run and his top advisers have suggested he is locked in.
At this rate, it would be silly for Trump to pass up an opportunity to defeat Biden in a 2024 rematch. Not only is it the will of most Americans, but our country is in desperate need for sensible policies that restore American greatness and ensure security.
Author: Elizabeth Tierney