Author

Andrew J. Sciascia

Browsing

President Donald Trump may be a few years removed from wheeling and dealing in the world of international business and large-scale real estate investment, but he’s once again proving that he hasn’t lost his eye for opportunity.

With substantial left-wing legal artillery once again trained on the National Rifle Association, Trump suggested Thursday that the Second Amendment advocacy group should replant its roots in the Lone Star State.

According to The Hill, the president’s statement came just hours after New York Attorney General Letitia James, a prominent Democrat, filed a civil suit seeking to dissolve the organization in light of a major financial fraud investigation.

“I just heard about that,” Trump said in a moment with reporters outside the White House. “That’s a very terrible thing that just happened.”

“I think the NRA should move to Texas and lead a very good and beautiful life. And I’ve told them that for a long time. I think they should move to Texas — Texas would be a great place — or to another state of their choosing,” the president continued.

“Texas would be a great place and an appropriate place for the NRA. This has been going on for a long time. They’ve been absolutely decimated by the cost of that lawsuit. And it’s very sad, but I would suggest that that’s what they should be doing.”

The Hill previously reported that the legal filing, which spans 169 typed pages, levels allegations of embezzlement against four high-ranking NRA leaders in the state of New York, where the 149-year-old organization is classified as a nonprofit.

The investigation of the NRA by James’ office was carried out over the course of roughly 18 months and allegedly revealed the organization was being used as a “personal piggy bank” by its leaders, who were said to have engaged in “self-dealing, mismanagement and negligent oversight.”

“As today’s complaints lays out,” James said in a Thursday news conference, “[the NRA] fostered a culture of noncompliance and disregard for internal controls that led to the waste and loss of millions of assets and contributed to the NRA’s current deteriorated financial state.

NRA CEO and Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre, a co-defendant in the suit, was quick to come out against the allegations, suggesting that James and other left-wing opponents to the Second Amendment were abusing their authority to strike a blow to the nation’s leading firearm rights advocacy group.

“This is an unconstitutional, premeditated attack aiming to dismantle and destroy the NRA — the fiercest defender of America’s freedom at the ballot box for decades,” LaPierre wrote in a social media statement. “The NRA is well governed, financially solvent, and committed to good governance.”

“We’re ready for the fight. Bring it on,” the executive added.

LaPierre maintains unchallenged control over the organization after a scandal-ridden 2019, which led to infighting with — and the eventual departure of — U.S. military veteran and then-NRA President Oliver North.

In Thursday’s suit, LaPierre faces direct allegations of elevating unqualified friends to prominent positions within the NRA in order to see more money siphoned out of the organization.

He has been the subject of widespread controversy since legal clouds began to settle over the organization, reportedly securing for himself major pay increases in recent years, despite the NRA’s struggles to remain solvent in a strong firearm economy.

Whether the allegations and rumors regarding LaPierre and the NRA’s leadership are true, however, the fact remains that James and her left-wing colleagues are undoubtedly weaponizing the justice system against the organization.

Were true justice the goal of James’ inquiry, the clear solution would be substantial jail time and social ousting for the NRA’s current leadership.

The fact that the New York AG’s office is instead seeking the full dissolution of the organization would lead the politically sharp to very different conclusions regarding the intentions behind the investigation.

Is there any real question as to whether NRA donors were wronged should these allegations be proven true? Absolutely not.

But I can assure those on the left that such donors would much prefer a revitalized and more transparent NRA to a nonexistent NRA any day of the week. They recognize the organization’s size and power — and they want its protection against leftist gun-grabbers.

Whichever way things go regarding the suit, however, another certainty remains: The NRA is in desperate need of a shot in the arm.

Given the rise of firearm sales in light of recent Democrat-approved lawlessness and looting, there will be no shortage of new members to be found if the organization can manage to regroup and get its act together.

And what better place to do that than Texas, where public opinion trends toward stricter gun control are weakest, citizens still love their firearm rights and a plurality of voters support the NRA itself.

But heck: At this point, any red state will do, folks.

As The Hill noted Thursday, the New York AG has already mobilized to do detriment to the Trump Foundation in the state, and conservative advocacy groups nationwide face large-scale legal weaponization daily.

So when will conservative organizations wake up and realize the coastal elites want them out — and they could fare far better elsewhere?

Author: Andrew J. Sciascia

Source: Western Journal: Trump Suggests Perfect Move for NRA After NY AG Tries Destroying 2nd Amendment Organization

Speculation was in high supply Wednesday as far-left Sen. Bernie Sanders’ 2020 Democratic presidential campaign discontinued digital advertising on Facebook without warning.

Coming the morning after a clean sweep for former Vice President Joe Biden in three key late-race nominating battles, the decision initially prompted reports from Axios, which suggested Sanders would be suspending his campaign altogether.

According to Fox News, similar digital advertising suspensions had acted as early indicators just two weeks prior, when former mayors Pete Buttigieg and Mike Bloomberg stepped out of the race surrounding Biden’s Super Tuesday surge to reclaim the mantle of front-runner.

Sanders campaign communications director Mike Casca, however, would quickly put to rest rumors of a full withdrawal for the Vermont senator, writing Wednesday morning on Twitter that they were “absolutely false.”

The candidate reportedly also issued a personal denial from the Hill, where senators remained this week through a scheduled recess in an attempt to pass bipartisan legislation formalizing a federal response plan for the ongoing coronavirus outbreak within the United States.

Previous statements from campaign manager Faiz Shakir indicated Sanders had shifted gears for the “immediate term” to focus on pandemic response, but would be having candid conversations with supporters “to assess his campaign” in the weeks leading up to the must-win April 4 contests in Alaska, Hawaii and Wyoming.

“No sugarcoating it, last night did not go the way we wanted,” Shakir wrote in a campaign email to supporters. “While our campaign has won the battle of ideas, we are losing the battle over electability to Joe Biden. So we wanted to give you an update on what is next for Bernie and for our campaign.”

“After this [coronavirus response] vote today, Bernie and Jane are going to get on a plane back to Vermont,” Shakir continued. “Once there, they’ll begin holding conversations with supporters to get input and assess the path forward for our campaign.”

“We will keep you updated as those conversations progress,” he added.

Biden has turned heads in the few short weeks since spring-boarding out of a first-to-vote state slump in South Carolina, claiming victory in 18 of the following 24 contests and setting himself up to earn the 1,991 delegate threshold necessary to secure the nomination outright, according to RealClearPolitics.

Best estimates from FiveThirtyEight suggested prior to Biden’s Super Tuesday surge that a two-man race with Sanders, widely perceived as the “movement candidate,” would more likely than not result in a contested Democratic National Convention in Milwaukee come July.

But success for Biden in Idaho, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri and Washington state last week — followed Tuesday by Arizona, Florida and Illinois — greatly shifted those estimates in the Pennsylvania-born Democrat’s favor, giving him 99:1 odds to secure the nomination.

Winning big with more than 20 percentage point margins of victory in Florida and Illinois did not lead Biden to celebrate big, however.

Instead, Fox News reported, the increasingly progressive candidate seemed to use the evening as an opportunity to extend a hand to Sanders’ loyal, excitable following given the mounting odds.

“Our campaign has had a very good night,” Biden said. “We’ve moved closer to securing the Democratic Party’s nomination for president — and we’re doing it by building a broad coalition that we need to win in November.”

“Senator Sanders and I may disagree on tactics, but we share a common vision for the need to provide affordable health care for all Americans, reducing income inequality hat has risen so drastically, to tackling the existential threat of our time, climate change,” Biden continues. “[They] have brought a remarkable passion and tenacity to all of these issues.”

“Together, they have shifted the fundamental conversation in this country. So let me say, especially to the young voters who have been inspired by Senator Sanders. I hear you,” he added.

Author: Andrew J. Sciascia

Source: Western Journal: Bernie Sanders Raises Eyebrows by Pausing Spending After Devastating Primary Defeats

A recently uncovered document reportedly reveals the Ukrainian government had reopened the investigation into Hunter Biden-linked firm Burisma Holdings long before President Donald Trump’s phone call with Ukraine.

According to investigative reporter John Solomon, the United States was aware of Ukrainian prosecutors’ decision to reopen a 2016 investigation into the activities of the energy firm, on which Hunter Biden held a board seat, “as early as February of 2019.”

This development does potentially catastrophic damage to House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry against the president, Solomon said on “Hannity” Tuesday, making it unlikely Trump leveraged U.S. foreign aid to Ukraine in July for the purposes of forcing the nation to dig up dirt on 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son.

“The U.S. government had open-source intelligence and was aware as early as February of 2019 that the Ukrainian government was planning to reopen the Burisma investigation,” Solomon said.

“This is long before the president ever imagined having a call with President [Volodymyr] Zelensky,” he added, calling the development a “significant shift in the factual timeline.”

This information, Solomon said, was left out of the initial whistleblower report that led Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats last month to pursue impeachment proceedings against the president.

The exact charges upon which Trump would face impeachment seem to be up in the air, with Pelosi and Democratic Reps. Adam Schiff and Jerrold Nadler highlighting different portions of the Ukraine scandal narrative as presidential improprieties.

The omission of a key piece of potentially exculpatory evidence within the initial whistleblower report, however, leaves questions as to whether the still-unnamed intelligence agent was politically motivated or merely ignorant to the disclosure.

“That is a significant change in the timeline — it was omitted from the whistleblower’s complaint, and the question is did he not know it or did he exclude it because it didn’t fit the narrative he was trying to write,” Solomon continued.

“That’s a question for Congress to answer,” he concluded.

According to Solomon, Ukrainian investigators at the anti-corruption agency NABU had been in talks to take a closer look at “unusual transactions” in Burisma’s financial holdings.

Hunter Biden was on the board when a particular $3.4 million payment flagged as suspicious was made to the firm.

A 15-page “notice of suspicion” was officially filed by NABU investigators in March and a further investigation began, with the office formally requesting assistance from another Ukrainian investigative agency a month later.

The former vice president has attempted to downplay claims that his position as a “point-man” for President Barack Obama’s policy with regard to Ukraine and his son’s hiring by Burisma was a potential conflict of interests, Fox News reported.

Joe Biden publicly derided CBS News reporter Bo Erickson last week for posing the question in a news conference, according to the New York Post.

“It’s not a conflict of interest,” Biden said. “There’s been no indication of any conflict of interest from Ukraine or anywhere else. Period. I’m not gonna respond to that.”

“You should be looking at Trump,” he said.

Author: Andrew J. Sciascia

Source: Western Journal: Document Shows Ukraine Reopened Probe of Hunter Biden’s Company Well Before Trump Phone Call: Report

Ad Blocker Detected!

Advertisements fund this website. Please disable your adblocking software or whitelist our website.
Thank You!